Our vision is to be a regionally acknowledged, multiply accredited, multi-country provider of higher education services for a highly international and mobile student body, interested in the frontier areas of business and management.
Our mission is to provide economically and culturally relevant, English-language business and management-related education to people who can benefit from it. We are demand-led and customer-focused. We enhance learning, build confidence and create opportunity for all who choose to invest in studying at our school. We value
- creativity and innovation in the pursuit of excellence,
- the potential of every person,
- the expertise and commitment of our staff,
- partnership and form strong and enduring collaborations where we can achieve more by working with other than alone,
- quality and we continually enhance our quality assurance processes.
- IBS opened its gates in 1991 welcoming students who wished to study business in English. The founders of the school had long term plans and thus they moved the college (practically run in some rented rooms of an office block) from Kelenföldi railway station to the second district, one of the most beautiful districts of Buda. In 2014, IBS moved to the north of Budapest and is now offering a real campus experience with 3 brand new buildings in a business enviroment. The completely renovated, reshaped and well-equipped buildings in Graphisoft Park – with the Residence Hall in its close vicinity – is a perfect place for studies as well as recreation with its riverside setting and garden.
Following a successful institutional accreditation in 1997, IBS became a recognized private college in Hungary, with the right to issue Hungarian college degrees (called Bachelor’s degrees today) besides the English degrees.
Owing to the continuous and systematic development process, by now IBS runs eight Bachelor’s and four Master’s programmes in addition to the single programme (BA in Business Studies) available in 1991.
The first degrees were awarded in 1995; the number of IBS graduates by 2012 is over 3300.
Our graduates can be found in almost every country in the world, which provides enormous networking possibilities. To maintain this ‘human’ capital IBS treats its Alumni community as top priority, and organizes monthly Alumni Evenings. We are proud that every third graduate is an Alumni member, which is a very high rate considering that almost 50% of the students come from abroad.