Alexander College is a private post-secondary institution serving approximately 2,000 students each year. Established in 2006 under the British Columbia Ministry of Advanced Education, Alexander College consists of two urban campuses located in Burnaby and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Alexander College offers a variety of undergraduate degree and transfer programs [see Programs] including University Transfer, Associate of Arts degree and Associate of Science degree. An integrated English for Academic Purposes program is also available to assist non-native English speakers with their transition to university level studies in the English language.
Mission And Vision:
Alexander College helps young people benefit from participating in the higher education community. We provide the first two years of university study leading to an Associate degree and university transfer in a student-centered and supportive environment.
- Provide a serious and supportive learning environment where students with a variety of cultural backgrounds and language abilities can begin university study while simultaneously improving their English-language skills.
- Provide academic preparation that is recognized by other academic institutions throughout North America and beyond, and that provides a foundation for successful progress through more advanced studies.
- Foster individual growth and development by supporting each student’s academic achievement and involvement in the community life of the College.
- Establish and maintain a reputation for excellence in the academic community in every aspect of College programs, activities, and services.
Alexander College operates two campuses located in the urban centres of Burnaby and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Burnaby is a large suburb located in the geographic centre of the Greater Vancouver Regional District. Alexander College’s Burnaby Campus is located on the corner of McKay Street and Kingsway, one block from one of the largest shopping centres in Canada, Metrotown Shopping Centre. Facilities at the Burnaby campus include spacious classrooms, science laboratory,Writing & Learning Centre, library, and bookstore.
The Burnaby campus is centrally located in Downtown Burnaby, just one block from the Metrotown Skytrain Station.
Alexander College’s Vancouver Campus is located in the center of downtown Vancouver on the corner of Seymour and Hastings Streets. The Vancouver campus is steps away from the major shopping and entertainment districts, as well as major tourist attractions and the Vancouver waterfront. Facilities at the Vancouver campus include large classrooms, science laboratory, Writing &Learning Center, library, and bookstore.
Here are ten reasons why Alexander College may be a good choice for you:
- Well qualified, fully engaged staff and instructors available to provide student-centered support.
- Small class sizes, with limits set at 35 students or less for all subjects.
- Full transferable courses within the BC Transfer System to colleges and universities within BC.
- Personalized academic planning and advising services.
- Free tutoring for all courses.
- Individualized support in the Writing and Learning Centre.
- Consideration of international course work and credentials.
- An urban experience, with campuses located in central Burnaby and Vancouver.
- Inclusive and interactive clubs, events, and indoor/outdoor activities.
- Affordable fees compared with public colleges and universities
International Students: $550.00 per credit*
*The fees are in Canadian Dollars (CAD)