University of Lynchburg
The University of Lynchburg was founded as Virginia Christian College in 1903 by Dr. Josephus Hopwood, a pioneer in Christian coeducation, and is one of the oldest coeducational institutions in Virginia. A fully accredited residential university, Lynchburg is affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), a denomination with a tradition of welcoming persons of all faiths and denominations. Located in Lynchburg, Virginia at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the University of Lynchburg is approximately 180 miles southwest of Washington, D.C., and 120 miles west of Richmond, the state capitol.
At Lynchburg, you can engage in graduate-level research while still an undergraduate. Professors often invite their students to work on major projects, but just as often, they let you choose the questions to explore.
Writing Centre, Campus Store, Knight-Capron Library.
Many other services available such as Career services, Academic Advising, Tutoring and Academic Support, Disability Services, Multicultural services, New Students Programs, Dean of Students Office, Health and Counselling, Student Government and Student Jobs.
Faculty members are committed to student success. They invite students to participate in research; they make the learning experience engaging and fun; and they keep up with alumni after graduation.
- fosters a student-centred environment
- develops the breadth of knowledge associated with liberal education
- develops depth of knowledge and promotes focused inquiry in academic disciplines
- respects and supports diversity
- values and celebrates diverse faith traditions
- sustains close working relationships among faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners
English Proficiency Requirement
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Minimum 550 PBT, 79 iBT (paper-based, internet-based)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Minimum 6.5 overall band score (minimum 6.0 on speaking and writing portion)
- SAT 1: Minimum 510 evidence-based reading and writing
- Pearson Test of English: 53