Founded in 1847, Carthage College is a four-year, private college of the liberal arts and sciences in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Carthage combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation so our students uncover and ignite their true potential.
The Carthage Mission
Seeking Truth, Building Strength, Inspiring Service—Together
That’s the Carthage mission. It’s not a stodgy old saying recited at alumni banquets and presidential dinners. It’s a challenge. One that we put forth anew every single day. To our students. To our faculty and staff. To make this world a better place for all of us.
- Founded in 1847.
- 80-acre campus on the shore of Lake Michigan.
- 2,600 full-time undergraduate students.
- 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio.
- 120+ student organizations.
- Named a Best Midwestern College by The Princeton Review (2018), a designation given to only 25 percent of four-year schools.
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission since 1916.
Carthage College is ideally located in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee. Our 80-acre campus is an arboretum and wildlife sanctuary. Our backyard is the shoreline of the great Lake Michigan.
2001 Alford Park Dr, Kenosha, WI 53140, USA