Mauritius, officially the Republic of Mauritius is an island nation in the Indian Ocean about 2,000 kilometres (1,200 mi) off the southeast coast of the African continent. The country includes the islands of Mauritius, Rodrigues, Agaléga and Saint Brandon. Mauritius is highly ranked for democracy, economic and political freedom. Mauritius possesses a wide range of natural and man-made attractions, enjoys a sub-tropical climate with clear warm sea waters and attractive beaches.Studying in Mauritius provides students looking for a challenging, completely different location to learn in the perfect opportunity. When choosing a location for this type of international education, students have plenty of options. While many students choose locations in Europe or even Asia, there are some students looking for something even more challenging. Mauritius can provide this for students.The country that is known as the Republic of Mauritius is located in the Indian Ocean. This island country is about 1200 miles off the coast of Africa. The country has several islands that make it up, including Mauritius itself, Rodrigues, Saint Brandon, and Agalega, though Mauritius is the principal location for individuals living in this region. The capital city is Port Louis. Though the Portuguese settled this country in 1507, it has a number of different ethnicities present, including Indian, African, European, and Chinese descendants. Most people here speak English and most are bilingual, also speaking either French, Asian languages, or Creole.
- If you enrol rolling hills, mountains, and plentiful sunshine, this destination could be the ideal one for you. There are two main seasons present here. November through April is very warm and humid. Temperatures during this time of the year can reach 80 to 90 degrees F. The cooler portion of the year is from June through September. It is dryer here, but temperatures remain relatively warm and near 70 degrees F. Another reason to stay here is the simple biodiversity present. This is a relatively young island.
- Modern, upscale, and with plenty of opportunities present, Mauritius is well sought after for those people looking for a peaceful place to live. The country is very much environmentally friendly and the use of solar power, renewable energy sources, and wind energy is very much a part of life here.Why study in Mauritius? There are numerous reasons to do so, including the simple fact that this region has plentiful jobs to offer those who plan to stay long term. Students come here for these opportunities as well as to be a part of a unique culture overall.One of the things that helps this country to stand out from other educational opportunities is that it provides an opportunity for many graduates to remain in the country for work opportunities once they complete their education. Though this is not always the case, there are strong positions available in areas such as health care, business, and technology present. This could be a very good reason to enroll here instead of at other locations.
- Students who are citizens here are given free education through the tertiary level of education. About 12.5 percent of the country's GDP is spent on educational costs for students. The school system here offers a pre-primary education for students under the age of five, a primary, secondary, and tertiary school. Students get about three years in pre-primary school, then six years in primary school. Five more years is dedicated to secondary education, which provides students with a School Certificate upon completion. Two additional years of school form the higher secondary education.
- f you plan to enroll as an international student here, you will have your pick of educational options. However, there are only two main public universities present. This includes the University of Technology and the University of Mauritius. Additionally, there are some privately funded schools present in the country as well. The following are a few of those options:
Numerous other public schools are available at the higher level located in cities such as Rose Hill, Quatre Bornes, and Solitude.Some areas of study are very much present here and in demand. This includes areas of study such as:
- Mauritius Chamber of Commerce and Industry, located in Ebene
- Amity Institute of Higher Education, located in Ebene
- Analysis Institute of Management, located in Port Louis
- Apollo Bramwell Nursing School, located in Moka
- Maruitian management Association, located in Port Louis
However, many other programs exist as well. Schools offer a wide range of courses available to those who are international students.Educational Levels of Study
The facility you attend outlines the costs, schedule for the school year, and the required admission requirements for each student. In nearly all cases, testing is a requirement for any foreign student to ensure he or she has the necessary education to perform well within the school.Students can obtain a degree, though some enroll in programs that are shorter, earning them a certificate or diploma within one year. The school year tends to being around August or September and continues through December and January as a initial semester. This is also the time most schools are accepting applications and prepping students for the following year's course of education. Most students, though, earn a degree, which is the equivalent of a bachelor's degree in most western cultures. Post graduate and master's degree programs are available to students as well.Living on Campus
Mauritius is a very modern culture with plenty to offer the student. Most students will find campus life to be very fulfilling. Recreational activities are plentiful since most students like to spend time in nature. Food options are numerous as well, though a focus on Indian and Chinese cuisine is very much present. Students will be able to participate in on-site clubs, societies, and various student activities.Most students will live in flats when they arrive and study here. These are not always offered through the school, though. It is also possible to work with host families, which gives the individual more opportunity to really embrace the lifestyle of the citizens present here. Student accommodations can be arranged through the school, though, which can make it far easier for students to obtain the necessary location.
- Information Technology
- Fashion and Design